(Please note that the following agreement was originally written for martial champions. For instance, the Performing Arts Champion is not required to be SCA-qualified fighter to support Carolingia in that capacity.)
1. I consider myself to be a Carolingian, hold no office in any other, barony or shire that divides my loyalties as a champion of Carolingia, and actively participate in Carolingian activities.
2. It is understood that I may have personal fealty to individuals and to the crowns of the East in addition to my loyalties to Carolingia, and that I will resolve any potential conflicts of these fealties in a way consistent with my personal honor.
3. During my term I have the duty to defend and serve the Baron and the Barony of Carolingia, which I will do to the best of my ability.
4. I will make every effort to attend Carolingian court and to represent Carolingia on state occasions. I will try to participate in as many Carolingian Events as possible.
5. I will fight for the glory and honor of Carolingia whenever possible and will serve Carolingia against her foes in times of war.
6. I will strive to be an example of courtesy and chivalry, bringing honor to Carolingia through my actions on the field and my behavior towards others both on and off the field.
7. It is my duty to organize the format of the competition for my replacement, and to ensure that it takes place about one year after my selection.
8. I will bear the trust of Carolingia, and any champion's regalia with pride, and will conclude my service well.
(If you have questions about the competition, please send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org .)